Saturday, July 11, 2009

Libraries ARE spectacular!

I created the image below on Image Chef using Poetry Blender. I selected one of their backgrounds and there were choices for the text color. However, I felt limited--I wanted the slogan to run across the middle of the picture. I can see using this to promote a teen program or a special performance, if I could find a way to put more text on top of the picture. Maybe I don't understand how to use it to mix and remix yet. I tried to save it but was unable to, only do a direct post. I'm going to try a few more in this section. It seems as if I could experiment forever and still not really be able to use these tools effectively. I wish there could be a hands-on workshop in the future with guided instruction. Most of the sites provide little or no real help themselves--I guess other people have loads of time to just play on the computer. There's unlimited potential here, but very limited time. I think we often use the tools we know because we are working under pressure (e.g., in between customers or in a precious hour or two off the floor), rather then trying new "tricks." Well, this granny still has some tricks to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment